Braids continue to appear all over the fashion mags and runways. Cool, creative braids are the hottest look this summer. The perfect solution for pulling hair back in the summer months, braids offer a quick style with no need for a hot styling tool. Check out some of our favorite variations for all occasions!
The classic braid provides a timeless look in minutes. Pulling your hair off to the side gives you some relief in the hot summer sun, while fashioning a look. The quick, simple braid provides some style on a casual day.
1) Blow dry hair at the crown to create volume.
2) Pull all your hair to one side. Usually we like to choose the opposite side you usually part your hair on.
3) Divide hair into 3 sections and crisscross tightly to create a classic, simple braid.
4) Secure with a rubber band. Try loosening the sections a little, once the braid has been secured. Pulling some pieces out create a stylish, “messy” look.
The fishtail braid looks elaborate and time consuming, but produces a unique look in no time at all. A popular style among celebrities, the fishtail delivers a visual twist making it a perfect weekend style.
1) Gather your hair to the side and divide it into two sections. (Opposed to three sections for a regular braid.)
2) Hold both sections in one hand, separated by your pointer finger, and use your other hand to grab a small piece from the outside of one section.
3) Pull the strands over to the other half, and then take a piece from the outside of that section and braid the opposite way. Imagine that you’re doing a typical braid, except the moving pieces are tiny.
4) Keep going until you’ve just about reached the end and finish it with an elastic band. It’s even better if it’s messy, so pull out some strands and stretch out the braid for an intentionally undone look.
Braided bangs offer a braiding option for short hairstyles (as well as long). Braiding just the front of your hair leaves the rest of your hair loose for a carefree look.
Our stylist Karolina shows how to quickly create a braided bang.
BRAID AND BUN
Create a more intricate braid to incorporate this trend for special occasions. We love combining two hot trends- braids and buns!
1) Section off a small section in the front, center of your hair.
2) French braid the very top of your hair straight back about three inches.
3) After 3 inches or so of French braid, switch to a normal braid all the way to the ends.
4) Pull the remaining part of your hair (outside the braid) up together and whip into a messy top bun. Securing well with pins, but letting the ends stick out here and there.
5) Tuck the braided section into the messy bun.
Try out these braided looks and let us know what you think! Share your own creative braids with us 😀